Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Brad Curtis Final Project

My final project would have involved showing everyone my version of a segment from an anime. The person I researched was Akira Toriyama, best known for drawing the manga (Japanese comics) of Dragon Ball. His biggest aspirations that got him into the line of work was seeing other animations and liking fighting styles. Dragon Ball utilizes these and is also based on a Chinese folktale called Son Wukong, parodying it. This is where my version comes in. My main things I like to do are play video games and watch anime and movies. Seeing different styles have made me come up with my own style, one I say is realistic by using blood, gore, cussing, and other things some companies tone down. From this, I have even come up with my own anime storyline (don’t ask what it’s about; for right now, I’m keeping it a secret). This is how I come up with the storyline and style. I place my characters into the scene and just let it play out in my head. That’s how my style came about.

(Unfortunately, I still don’t know how to get things into the blog, so I can’t post the animation here. It takes the fight scene at the beginning of Dragon Ball Z episode 31 with my style.)

No comments:

Post a Comment